Network Product Test Specialist
Are you excited about being a key element in a team building products that customers love? Do you have strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking? We are looking for people like you!
Ideal candidates are intelligent, self-motivated team players looking for the broad challenges that only a small company can provide. You’ll work closely with both our test and engineering teams to perform quality assurance and software testing for our network optimization product line. XipLink’s products are globally deployed in wireless networks to enhance the performance and efficiency of our customers’ services. The XipLink team includes world class experts in networking, protocols and FreeBSD and we are looking for candidates with a passion for learning and a genuine focus on delivering excellent products to join our team.
The XipLink test team is responsible for testing software developed by the XipLink development team to ensure quality products are delivered to XipLink’s customers. Applicants should feel comfortable using UNIX based systems, such as Linux or FreeBSD and ideally have knowledge and/or experience in VM environments such as VMware, KVM/QEMU and VirtualBox. Knowledge and/or experience in TCP/IP networking is a must and exposure to satellite, wireless or cellular technologies is a plus. These roles typically require 5 or more years of relevant experience but any candidates who can demonstrate the necessary skills and ability will be considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or Equivalent, Master's preferred.
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English.
- Able to work independently but also enjoy working as an integral part of a small, fast-paced team.
- Bachelor degree or higher educational level.
- High attention to detail and demonstrated experience in software testing and QA a major plus.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with TCP/IP networking, especially TCP and HTTP protocols.
- Experience with diagnosing network problems using Wireshark and similar protocol level tools.
- Experience with shell scripting and python
- Knowledge of IP networking, routing and dynamic routing protocols
- CCNA or higher desirable
- Able to build and configure test networks, including switches, routers, IP addressing and routing.
- Understanding and configuration of networking technologies such as QoS, firewalls, NAT and MPLS a plus.
- Experience with FreeBSD or Linux operating systems, including installation, configuration and scripting.
- Experience with Virtual Machine technology including installation of hypervisors and configuring VMs.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle and code versioning a plus.
- Experience with traffic generation & measurement tools such as Ixia, Tsung and WebPageTest a plus
Plateau district, Montréal, QC. Great office view overlooking the mountain! Parking or contribution towards mass transit included. Note: work is being performed entirely remotely during this phase of the pandemic!
Benefits and bonus package included, plus catered lunches from Tuesday to Thursday, fruits, snacks and drinks.
4200 St. Laurent Blvd, Suite 1010, Montréal, Quebec H2W 2R2