In this role, you take a lead role in organizing automated tests and providing technical leadership for others developing automated tests. These roles typically require 2 or more years of relevant experience but any candidates who can demonstrate the necessary skills and ability will be considered. You must have prior experience as part of a test automation team. You must also have practical experience with Python (not just academic), and a good understanding or experience with test methodologies and test frameworks. Pluses include TCP/IP networking, UNIX and virtual machine technology and exposure to satellite, wireless or cellular technologies is a plus.
XipLink’s products are globally deployed in wireless IP networks to enhance the performance and efficiency of our customers’ services. We hold a leadership role in the optimization of TCP/IP over stressed communication links such as satellite networks. The XipLink team includes world class experts in networking protocols and network systems.
Mandatory Experience and Skills
- Prior experience with large scale automation testing.
- Experience in programming with Python is essential. Pytest experience highly desirable.
- Two or more years experience in UNIX (Linux, FreeBSD etc) systems including command line.
- Some experience with code versioning software (Git) and bug tracking software (JIRA).
- Good communications skills including written and spoken fluency in English.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with TCP/IP networking, QoS principals, firewalling, virtualization and experience with telecom networks.
- Take the lead role in organizing and prioritizing automation tests.
- Set an example by developing and implementing high quality, information rich automation tests.
- Provide input to the tools development team.
- Develop new tools and software components to enrich and improve the test framework.
- Assisting in documentation and information sharing procedures within the XipLink team.
- Assistance with lab and appliance test and preparation as needed.
- Contributing ideas for how to further enhance the XipLink product line and be prepared to adapt to new requirements and resulting tasks and responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
Plateau district, Montréal, QC. Great office view overlooking the mountain! XipLink is currently using a hybrid remote/in office model.
Health benefits and bonus package included, plus fruits, snacks, drinks, team outings and more.
4200 St. Laurent Blvd, Suite 1010, Montréal, Quebec H2W 2R2