XipLink is a fast moving and exciting software development company in the field of WAN optimization for wireless networks. Our products facilitate internet / networking access in demanding environments that use satellite, cellular and point-to-point RF links. This is an opportunity to develop your career in networking technology and protocols working as part of a team of world-class IP networking experts.
- Maintenance, support and setup of test, development and IT networks / services.
- Debugging and resolving internal network issues.
- Setup of new infrastructure (including real and virtualized systems).
- Rack & cabling cleanup, re-configuring equipment and decommissioning of old equipment.
- Network switch, router and firewall configuration and maintenance.
- Responsible for automated system backups.
At this time, we are open to candidates to work on a part-time basis while pursuing studies.
DEC or AEC in IT or Bachelor’s Degree.
Minimum Technical Abilities
- Written and oral communications skills in English.
Able to work independently but also enjoy working as an integral part of a small, fast-paced team.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, including DNS, HTTP, DHCP and dynamic routing
- CCNA a strong plus
- Experience with diagnosing network problems using Wireshark and similar protocol level tools.
- Able to build and configure test networks, including switches, routers, IP addressing and routing.
Experience with FreeBSD or Linux operating systems, including installation, configuration and scripting.
- At least some work experience in an IT / computer environment
Nice to Have
- Experience working at a software company
- Experience with Virtual Machine technology including installation of hypervisors and configuring VMs.
- Understanding and configuration of networking technologies such as QoS, firewalls, NAT and MPLS.
- Experience with JIRA
Plateau district, Montréal, QC. Great office view overlooking the mountain! Parking or contribution towards mass transit included.
Benefits and bonus package included, plus catered lunches from Tuesday to Thursday, fruits, snacks and drinks.
4200 St. Laurent Blvd, Suite 1010, Montréal, Quebec H2W 2R2