Automation Software Developer
The ideal candidate is bright, self-motivated and a team player looking for a challenge and an opportunity to be part of a highly skilled team focused on making stressed wireless networks work well. The XipLink test team is responsible for testing software developed by the XipLink development team to ensure quality products are delivered to XipLink’s customers. Applicants should feel comfortable using UNIX based systems, such as Linux or FreeBSD and ideally have knowledge and/or experience in VM environments such as VMware, KVM/QEMU and VirtualBox. Knowledge and/or experience in TCP/IP networking is a must and exposure to satellite, wireless or cellular technologies is a plus. These roles typically require 5 or more years of relevant experience but any candidates who can demonstrate the necessary skills and ability will be considered. You must have practical experience with Python (not just academic), test methodologies and are experienced with test frameworks, TCP/IP networking, UNIX and virtual machine technology.
XipLink’s products are globally deployed in wireless IP networks to enhance the performance and efficiency of our customers’ services. We hold a leadership role in the optimization of TCP/IP over stressed communication links such as satellite networks. The XipLink team includes world class experts in networking protocols and network systems.
- Experience in programming with Python is essential. Pytest experience highly desireable.
- Four or more years experience in UNIX based systems.
- Understanding of unit test frameworks and writing unit tests is a must.
- Experience with designing, developing for and organizing automation tests is a must.
- Experience in TCP/IP networking is necessary.
- Experience with code versioning software (Git) and bug tracking software (JIRA).
- Highly skilled in Python development.
- Good communications skills including written and spoken fluency in English.
- Able to work independently but also enjoy working as an integral part of a small, fast-paced team.
- High attention to detail and demonstrated experience in software programming for testing and QA.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with TCP/IP networking, QoS principals, firewalling and virtualization.
- Actively take part with the team building the next generation of automated test framework and tests for the XipOS based product line.
- Develop new tools and software components to enrich and improve the test framework.
- Assisting in documentation and information sharing procedures within the XipLink team.
- Assistance with appliance test and preparation if necessary.
- Contributing ideas for how to further enhance the XipLink product line and be prepared to adapt to new requirements and resulting tasks and responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
Plateau district, Montréal, QC. Great office view overlooking the mountain! Parking nearby may available for the right candidates.
Note: work is being performed entirely remotely during this phase of the pandemic!
Benefits and bonus package included, plus catered lunches from Tuesday to Thursday, fruits, snacks and drinks, paid home internet, 100% company paid health plan and more..
4200 St. Laurent Blvd, Suite 1010, Montréal, Quebec H2W 2R2